Covid - 19 Policies at Maple Lawn
Maple Lawn Montessori of Manassas Park is committed to the health and safety of our children and of our staff.
We ask that, as a community, all families commit to our health and safety protocols:
- Practice social distancing and wear a mask while both on and off-campus.
- Make significant consideration to limiting risks outside school (such as keeping contact only with those within the family’s COVID-19 “bubble”).
- Keep your children at home if they are sick with an infectious illness, including the flu or strep throat.
- Keep your children at home who have been exposed to anyone who has COVID-19 or is exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- Report family exposure, illness, or any other information to the school
- Follow CDC recommendations
Our sources of information include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Health care professionals in our community
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Prince William Health District
- Local, state, national, and international government officials
Social and Physical Distancing
- We will extend the indoor environment to outdoors if applicable and weather permitting.
- Rearrange play spaces to maintain 6-feet separation, when possible.
- Limit the mixing of children between classrooms
- Educate children about social distancing and give verbal reminders.
- Implement strategies to model and reinforce social and physical distancing